Friday, October 3, 2008

This Time of Year


This time of year always gets me into a reflective mood. I think about the year and how it's gone for my family and friends--for me. I look at the changes and the evaluate the good and the bad. But most of all, I get a sense of completion.



When I was a child, autumn was a time of completion, despite the fact that school had just started up again. We hurried to collect the last of the garden vegetables. We worked to make sure the dog house was winterized with straw. We gathered up the summer toys and made sure they were put safely away for another summer, while making sure we knew where our winter gear had been stored.

As I grew older, autumn continued to feel like a time of completion. There was house cleaning, yard preparation, winterizing the vehicles and house and making sure we had warm clothes to see us through colder times.

Now, the sense of completion also comes in looking back over the year at the tasks God gave me, analyzing what is yet to be accomplished--what can still be improved. I like completing projects whether they're the book I'm writing or room I'm cleaning. I like that sense of accomplishment--of satisfaction.



So rather than wait for New Year's Eve, I'm encouraging you to reflect on 2008 right now. Look at what has been done and what is yet to be accomplished. Take charge of the time that is left and experience great pleasure in the satisfaction of completion. Whatever you were putting off--whatever you've been avoiding--take it by the horns and see it through to the end.

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact