Friday, February 20, 2009

On Hold With Hope

Sometimes it just feels like we're on hold. A permanent state of waiting for the other shoe to drop. With Robin and Tammy's news this week, my own grandaughter suffering another serious ear infection, and millions of people unemployed, it causes one to think - but of course not question aloud - what next?

Lately we've been hearing a lot about this being a new age of hope--a hope that will give us a better life--a hope that will deliver us from the sorrow and pain we're enduring. The world sees this hope coming in the form of a new president, a new piece of legislation, or even a new check. But through it all, one song keeps coming back to me. This wonderful old hymn is one of my all time favorites. When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I love to remember the words.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


We do have great hope - it's in Jesus. He never fails and never leaves us to face the future on our own. My prayers are with my dear sisters here, and with those of you out there reading this now. May God's hope be the solid rock on which you stand.
Tracie Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact