Friday, January 21, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again




It's great to be back. Thanks to Tammy and the others who helped me out and filled in while I was sick. I'm happy to say I'm pretty much back to normal. We had a lovely ice fog the other day and snapped a few photos I thought you might enjoy. I was hoping to find the spider frozen in the web, but I think he's the one that was crawling around my bedroom ceiling. My hero hubby killed him last night.



I have to say, however, I was a little frustrated to get both the flu and pneumonia after having had shots for both. I really hate getting injections anyway, but when they don't have magical powers to keep you from getting sick, I really resent that. When it ruins your New Year's Eve and your birthday and your anniversary, then I resent it even more.

But such is life. I spent a lot of time in prayer for all of you - especially those flood victims down under and those dealing with the shootings in Arizona. The loss of life is devastating. The world groans in anticipation of God's return, and the pains we're enduring are numerous.
My heart breaks at the negative news everyday. The killings and threats of war, the loss of innocence in the lives of our children, and the overwhelming fears that come in a fallen world.

But I am encouraged that God is not asleep. He hasn't been taken by surprise. He is faithful and will continue to lift us up above this and the sorrows of this world.

Psalm 43:5 says, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Thank you for all your prayers, and the love you've shown me.

God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact