Friday, February 11, 2011

Off and Running

Well, we're off and running on our Texas Booktour.




Cathy Hake and I met up with Noelle Buss, our fearless publicity gal from Bethany House and hit the road this morning.



Because of bad weather, our first stop cancelled, so we had to suffer by stopping in Spring, TX and enjoy their historic district. We walked around for a while and explored antique shops and stores. I was fascinated by this sign announcing

"cake balls", so of course I had to try them.





















Aren't they pretty?

They are made by taking baked cake and mushing it up with frosting and rolling it into balls and dipping in chocolate. These are wedding cake flavored and they were very yummy.

Next we drove on up to Diboll, Texas for our evening at the Temple Memorial Library. We had a great time and I very much enjoyed getting to revisit our friends from the Diboll Historical Center. These folks were so very helpful to me in my research on east Texas. This is a shot of us together. Left to right are Lewis, Emily, yours truly and Jonathan Gerland, Director.





Brenda handles the Temple Memorial Library and she posed here with Cathy and me to show off their very large inspirational section. There were several shelves in three rows. I noticed books by everyone on this blogsite.




Cathy and I shared about our writing and personal life experiences and afterwards we signed books. It was a great evening.









Here's one of my fans. Jane and her daughter came because Jane has read most all of my books. It was so much fun to get to meet them.

Well, now I need to repack for tomorrow. We ask for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact