Friday, November 16, 2012

Do You Have My Christmas Decorations?

My Christmas decorations have disappeared.  We've looked all over and they're just gone.  They were in storage in the shop, but when we went to locate them they were no where to be found.  So, it got us to thinking that maybe we had experienced one of those moments and put them away in the crawl space.

My hubby Jim went climbing down into the crawl space and gave it the once over and no Christmas decorations. Even our cat Cal was perplexed.



Then we thought maybe we'd put them in the storage under the stairs, but they weren't there either.

Now this isn't just a small bit of stuff. This was a collection of several rubbermaid tubs of Christmas village houses and other pieces that were quite sentimental.


 


So I thought I would just ask - do you have my Christmas decorations?

I am happy to say that a few special pieces are still around.  Judy had gifted me with a lovely nativity set several years ago and I'm happy to say that is still with me.



There were a couple of new village pieces I'd picked up at a garage sale this summer and they are still sitting in the garage awaiting their debut. 



But there are some very dear friends out there somewhere and I don't know where they are.  They've been missing for over a year now, as last year when we realized they weren't where they were supposed to be - we figured we'd find them after the rush of the holidays.  We went out and bought a few lights for the house and actually skipped doing a Christmas village or tree.  I really don't want to go that route again this year as it seems very bah humbug.

So, if you see my Christmas decorations - please send them home.  Meanwhile, I guess I'm just going to have to start recollecting.  Oh well, I suppose there are worse things to have to do.  Somebody get me some chocolate and a nice hot mocha coffee.  I have a feeling I'm gonna have to go out shopping and need to have some sustainence.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact