Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sorry I'm Late

Sorry for the late posting on this. I'm in beautiful sunny California. What a stark contrast. I left home in -6 degree weather and snow, and arrived to 70 degrees and sunshine. And there are oranges on the trees. No matter how many times I see them, it just looks amazing unreal to me. My friend picked me up from John Wayne Airport and as we drove down the street I spotted my first orange tree.

"Look! There are oranges on that tree!"




Having lived all of my life in Kansas or Montana (and two lost years as a child in Dallas, Texas) I just love seeing orange trees. Next to the Jacaranda trees they have (trees that are purple flowered instead of full of green leaves) I find oranges trees to be the most fascinating.


Jacaranda Tree

Add to this is the gorgeous ocean. We ate lunch at a restaurant in Laguna Beach and watched the sunset. There was gorgeous flowers, hummingbirds, folks surfing and the wonderful seafood. It was an incredible moment. So peaceful.



Again, I thought of the contrast. Winter at home. Spring/Summer here. I'm wearing flipflops here, but will don my boots tomorrow.

Such an amazing time and I wish I could share it with you all - hey, I guess I just did. I hope you feel a little warmer. :D

Now I think I'll go eat an orange.
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact