Friday, May 1, 2009

A new Psalm

The other day when I was reading in the Bible, I ran across a Psalm that I know wasn't there before. I've read through the Psalms many times, but I swear I don't remember ever reading Psalm 116.

What a blessing. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It starts out great and just gets better.

Psalm 116
1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy

What a blessing - he heard my cry.

But my favorite verse in this chapter is verse 7.
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you.



How precious that verse is to me. I so often forget that resting is a good and precious thing. I know I've talked about that before, but when I read this verse it just drove it home once again. Be at rest - once more...for the Lord has been good to you.

I highly recommend you read this chapter if you haven't lately, and let the Lord bless you as He did me. I love the Lord, because He heard my voice!
His faithfulness is something I'll hold tight to as life throws its snowballs at me, and I hope you will too.
Tracie
Oh and for those of you keeping track - it snowed again today - making this week's total about 12 inches. However - it's pretty much melted off once again. Ah, Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact