Friday, February 19, 2010

Rough Places Plain

I've always been a fan of Handel's Messiah. Even as a child I was enthralled by the sounds of praise and adoration. A couple of my favorites have to be the Hallelujah Chorus and Unto Us a Child is Born. However, I'm also a great fan of the opening:

Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God; speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem; and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness:-Prepare ye the way of the Lord: make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill made low, the crooked straight and the rough places plain.

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together;for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.


I love that this is taken directly from Scripture, and I find it such a blessing when times are rough as they have been this week. There have been far too many troubles and sorrows to list them all, but among them was the death of a beloved uncle, the news that our granddaughter is losing parts of her vision, our six year old grandson is on a suicide watch and our 3 year old grandson has been diagnosed with developmental problems and autism.

Coupled with this was bad news for at least five people I love. The rough places didn't seem plain at all.

However, even in all of this I know that my Redeemer liveth. I know that one day Jesus will return and set everything to rights. I know He will Comfort His people and that His glory will be revealed!

I take hope in God's promise to one day put everything in order, and I covet your prayers.
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact