Friday, June 25, 2010

The End








I always like it when I can tack, THE END, onto a book and it's all the more special when it comes to the end of a series. This week I finished writing the third book in a series that debuts this fall. It's always such a blessing when you feel the hand of God in a project and this one was definitely influenced by His touch.



Throughout great amounts of turmoil over the last few months, it seemed that life was conspiring against me in getting this book written. I have asked various friends to pray for me as I write, and always have a team of folks praying for individual books. In this series I wrote a family saga that dealt with social issues, spiritual conflicts and dealing with life when it doesn't look like you thought it would.



So often I am brought back to this last lesson. I get in my mind how I think a thing should look or feel, and when it doesn't then I'm troubled, frustrated and question God as to why life has suddenly gotten beyond His control. Of course it hasn't really, but that's how it feels.



My dear friends here on the post are good examples of my feeling that way. I can't help but wonder what God is up to? Why the death - the sickness - the injury. What good can possibly come out of all of this?



But God is so faithful. Like a Father to a little child, He reminds me that I cannot possibly know why things happen as they do, but that my job is to trust Him. I love Catherine Marshall's book A CLOSER WALK. In it she shares the story about





Abraham and Isaac going up the mountain where Abraham would sacrifice his son in obedience to God. My favorite part, and the thing that always comes to mind at times like this is this. While Abraham and Isaac were going up one side of the mountain - the ram was coming up the other side.





Life often looks so very different than we thought it would. Situations and circumstances make little or no since and we find ourself crying out - asking God - Where are you? We are so feeble and weak, but thankfully He is our strength and that is sufficient. He is our hope and we can rest in knowing that He has already made provision for anything this fallen world or the enemy can throw at us.



If you haven't spent some prayer time lately in thanksgiving - I highly recommend you do so now. It's amazing how it lifts the spirits and refreshes the heart. I'll start you off - Thank you, Father, that we can rest in your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact