Friday, May 13, 2011

Chateau de Mores Medora ND




For the next month my husband and I are traveling on booktour. For the details of where I'll be and when - go to my website www.traciepeterson.com and click on EVENTS.



Anyway, I wanted to share some of the wonderful things we'll be doing. Today we plan to tour the Chateau De Mores and I thought you might like to come along.





The Marquis De Mores - a dashing Frenchman

built this house as a summer house where he could bring his family and escape the bustle of New York. The Marquis hosted many famous people included Teddy Roosevelt. The nearby town of Medora was named for his wife.



The 26 room house was dubbed The Chateau by the locals, but to the family it was a summer getaway and hunting lodge. I've put in the following video that shows a little about the chateau and the family. It runs about nine minutes long, but is definitely interesting. I hope you enjoy it.









God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact