Friday, December 23, 2011

A cup of coffee and thou





This week was a bad one and amidst all the frustrations and sorrows and negative vibes being sent out from a variety of sources, I thought I might well give up and stay in bed for the rest of the week.

Then lo and behold, a gift came in the mail.

A present from a dear friend who wanted to cheer me up.

I won't name names, but this dear woman is not without problems and sorrows of her own and yet she took out the time to think of me. And boy - did she think of me!!!

What was in the box?

My very own Keurig Coffeemaker. Wahoo!! I've wanted one for a long, long time and if you have one you'll know what I mean.


Now I have a reason to get up. :D Just kidding, although making coffee with my new machine is great fun.

Oh and since I love to share information with you - let me share this little gem of knowledge.

Most Americans pronounce the company name as “cure-ig” However, Keurig is a Dutch word which means "neat" or "arranged". The Keurig coffee company was founded in 1992 by Olaf Keurig, a Dutchman. The proper Dutch pronunciation actually sounds more like “keer-ech”.

Isn't that neat?

Now I'm off to make a cup of coffee and to think of how blessed I am to have good friends like you and like the elf who sent my Keurig.

Merriest of Christmases to all of you and may God bless you in the year to come. Next week and for about 3 weeks total - Steph Whitson will be filling in for me - while I am busy...making coffee. :)


PS - the painting above is from Victor Gabriel Gilbert and titled A Cup of Coffee Painting

2 comments:

  1. How awesome Tracie! And I always wondered the correct pronunciation of Kuerig. :) Happy (coffee) drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you!! Enjoy that coffee and please accept a hug from a virtual stranger but an avid reader :)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact