Friday, April 9, 2010

April Showers or Snow

Saturday before Easter Sunday we awoke to 3 inches of snow. Tuesday it snowed again and then melted. The forecast has promised flurries and snows throughout April. I remember the first year we moved to Montana we woke up one day in June to find 6 inches of snow on the ground, so snow in April doesn't even phase us these days. Even so, I'm celebrating spring! Here are some May flowers from Texas last year. I can hardly wait until the fields of Montana are filled with wild flowers.

This Friday and Saturday, I am going to be in Billings, Montana to enjoy a weekend of women and the Lord - at WOMEN OF FAITH. This will be my fifth time to attend Women of Faith's conference. I have to say that I've seen God do amazing things at these events. Women who have come weary and depleted of hope, love and joy leave refreshed and renewed. I always think of Jesus saying, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

It's always great fun to get away from the routine, and we will spend an extra day in Billings just to enjoy ourselves and fellowship, but I know it will be the love of God that pours out through the testimony of our speakers that will bless us most. It will be the generous mercy and grace of God that spills out to each of us as we seek to know Him better that gives us the strength to return to our daily lives.

However, that said, I want to encourage each woman who reads this blog. You don't have to have a conference or convention to fellowship. You don't have to go to a retreat to find rest in God. He is more than willing and able to offer you His refreshing love--His strengthening hope--His gracious mercy no matter where you are or where you go. Matthew 11:28 reminds us as stated above that Jesus offers rest to everyone who comes to Him.

April showers may bring May flowers,and April snow will come and go, but the showers of blessings that flow from God will bring eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact