Friday, September 28, 2012

Pay It Forward

I love helping new authors.  It's something that others did for me and I really appreciated what those writers did to help me learn.  In fact, I started thinking about a lot of things that others taught me and what a blessing it has been.  Then today when Jim was helping show someone research information and talking about history it dawned on me just what a blessing learning can be.




My grandmother taught me to embroider and I love having that small part of her.  I think of her whenever I get a chance to stitch a delicate pattern.  In Girl Scouts I was able to get my embroidery badge so fast that I helped other girls to learn and all thanks to Grandma.



My great-aunt and great-grandmother told me how it was important to learn to roll a round pie crust so that I could get a good husband.  They showed me how to roll the crust and make it just so.


My mother taught me to play piano and I in turn showed my children.  My son Erik is quite talented and makes up many of his own songs.




There are other things people have taught me, but the reason I brought this up was to encourage you in those things you've been taught.

Maybe you're a really talented cook - pay it forward - teach someone else. 


Good at teaching the Bible - start a study - pay it forward and teach another to teach and study the Word of God.

 
Can you repair cars?  Paint glorious paintings?  Groom or train dogs?  Garden?  You can benefit someone else by paying it forward and donating your time to share what you know.
 
There are so many things that have been lost over the years because no one cared to pay it forward. Today I encourage you to think about the things you can do and share your talents with someone else.  In fact, tell us about your talents here.  I'd love to know what you're really good at.
 
God Bless You!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I'd love to go to Seattle some day:) I would ask for some prayers for my grandma. She's in the last stages of a rare form of Parkinsons disease and the doctor has given us about 6 months. Although it's been tough, I'm glad God has given us time to prepare. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts:)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact