Friday, April 12, 2013

Icecutter's Daughter Book Tour Continues

Oh we are having great fun in Minnesota and this state has some of the nicest folks.

 
 


On Thursday I spoke to the wonderful people in Hallock.  We had a great deal of fun and even managed to get a little shopping in prior to the event.  My hubby Jim needed new boots and we found a wonderful little shop owned by Rock Bakken, who also happens to be a great artist.  I had to indulge in one of his small reproduction prints.

After Hallock we made our way to Thief River Falls and encountered some limited visibility and snow.



I spoke at the Thief River Falls Public Library Thursday evening. 

The entire library was filled with quilts made by the local quilters as they were celebrating the 25th anniversary of their quilter's guild.  Here are just a few of the beautiful pieces.

 
 
 



I enjoyed sharing my stories with the audience and had a wonderful time of answering questions.  I always find it interesting to hear what people are wondering about.  Most of the questions had to do with where I get my ideas.  The answer is everywhere.  I read a great deal, non-fiction especially and see ideas for stories all through history.  I also find wonderful story ideas in everyday life.

After a comfortable night in Thief River Falls, we made our way to Warren, MN. 



At Warren I spoke at the local community center. We were invited to share lunch, but had already eaten on our way over, and what a pity. They had some stew that smelled sooooo delicious. Again, the people I had a chance to meet and speak with were wonderful.  I love hearing their stories and learning what they like or dislike about the books.  Today all of the comments were very positive which makes it even better.


Not only that, but I met a wonderful young woman who shares my name - spelling and all.  Here are the 2 Tracie Petersons.



On our way to Baxter we saw these amazing trees and thought they'd make a great photo.  I think I'd enjoy this picture on the livingroom wall.



Tomorrow I have 3 book signings at Christian bookstores.  The first is tomorrow morning in Baxter, MN.  Then tomorrow afternoon I will be in Park Rapids and tomorrow early evening in Little Falls, MN - God willing.  There are all sorts of winter storm advisories out so we'll see what happens. For more details on the locations check out my website www.traciepeterson.com and click on EVENTS.

Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact