Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Warroad and Greenbush, Minnesota

Today I spoke in Warroad and Greenbush, Minnesota.  If you look for these places on the map - you'll need to look way up north - not very far from the Canadian border. 

I've been to both of these locations before and the people there are absolutely awesome.  Of course all of the folks I've met at book events are wonderful.



In Warroad, I was directed to drive past the big yellow building, which turned out to be the area's main employer Marvin Glass and Windows.

 Then we arrived at the library which was also compliments of the Marvin Glass folks. 



We had a great time in Warroad.  Here I had a chance to have my picture taken with the library folks.  What a super bunch of ladies.  They work hard to keep the Warroad Library in top order.


As soon as we concluded we headed over to Greenbush where we had hoped to get supper. 



However, it was after 6 pm and most places were closed, including the grocery store.  So Jim suggested the gas station might have some food and that's where we found cottage cheese and a turkey and cheese sandwich.  It wasn't gourmet, but it served the purpose.

I spoke at the library there in Greenbush and had a great time.  The ladies were awesome and we even had a gentleman join us - probably under duress. :)



We had a few laughs and a lot of fun, and Jim even got to play around with his new camera filters.



On our way back to our hotel in Hallock, we learned that it's best not to go the speed limit on CR-6 after dark.  We nearly hit deer twice.

Tomorrow I speak in Hallock and later in Thief River Falls.  I know we'll have a great time.  If you're in the area, I hope you'll join us.

God Bless You!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the journal, Tracie! I live in Little Falls, MN, one of your stops on Saturday! It looks like we'll be expecting another storm here this weekend. Praying for your book tour! I'm going to try and get to Upsala on Sunday to hear you speak. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact